Taking the first step can be scary, especially if you’re going through a difficult time. If you’ve decided you would like to try counselling and feel I might be the right therapist for you, or would like some more information before you decide, here’s what you can do next:
1) If you have any questions, just email, text or phone me, whichever method of communication you feel most comfortable with.
2) If you’d like, we can then arrange a free first session. This will give you the chance to ask any more questions or talk a bit about your problem. It will hopefully give you a better idea of how I work.
3) I’ll send you details of the location. That makes it sound more mysterious than it actually is! It’s at Piccadilly House, 49 Piccadilly (by Piccadilly Gardens). When you turn up, you can either press the buzzer and reception will let you in, or I can meet you by the front door, whichever you feel more comfortable with.
4) I’ll then show you to the room & explain about confidentiality. It’s really natural to be nervous or anxious in the first meeting (if it helps, I will probably be feeling a little anxious when meeting you for the first time too!). If you’re not sure where to start or what to say, I can ask you some questions to get you going.
5) Once our time is up, you can either book another session, or you can go away and have a think about it- you don’t have to decide on the spot. I’ll give you a card with my contact details and show you out.